Ok, I have almost all of the ingredients I need for the Halloween Party Menu. Today, I am going to make these cookies.
I found this cookie recipe on the Baking Bites blog. Awesome resource for very dessert recipes, go check it out.
I usually like to make sure I like the stuff I plan to serve at this shindig. And yesterday I made a recipe that I found while looking up some cheap ideas for decorations. This one is called Sliced Snakes & Veggies Over Maggots.
It is INCREDIBLE. I could eat this every day. I was so pleased because the recipe is cheap and simple, and healthy. What more can a girl ask for? This Halloween party recipe is care of The Ghostess. While on the subject of the Ghostess, I have to say, her site is sooooo cool. From what I can tell, she is a veteran at Halloween Parties. AND she shares tips and tricks throughout her site. Pictures galore can be found of everything from invites to decorations. I really enjoyed perusing through her haunt and I hope you do too. If not, you’re really missing out on a great resource.
So this weekend will be full of baking, and after I have crossed off my baking list, I’ll make a plan for the rest of these ghoulish dishes.
Oh, I am making those paper mache pumpkins, and so far, so good. It’s actually kind of fun. My kids want to help, so that’s a good sign.
If you don’t have a lot of decorations yet. Here are a couple of cheap items that can make big impact.
- Table cloths (Dollar Tree, and they have a lot more stuff too)
- Candy corn in glass containers (Dollar Tree has some cool glass containers)
- Those pumpkin buckets you use for Trick or Treating (Walmart has neon versions for 94 cents).
- You can always use Martha Stewart Templates to make something cool.
- Old tools from the shed.
- Spider web from dollar tree/walmart
- Old sheets
- White candles (I like dripping the wax from a red crayon or candle over these to make them look bloody).
- Make a scarecrow out of some old jeans and shirt stuffed with all those plastic bags you have hanging around.
Check back, this thing ain’t over by a long shot!